Now there's a turn up for the books!

Tuesday, 14th April 2009
8pm

Just when I thought Noah Smith – don't get me started on that just yet – was a nice, or ordinary guy, he goes proves he's just as unpredictable as the rest of the male species!

"I write boring, military history stuff... "
Hah!

Noah Smith is actually no other than Noah Frost, best-selling author and chat show darling! I almost flipped my lid at him for lying to me when I found out. Almost.

But then I saw a will couple of women (old enough to be his great aunties, mind you!) slobbering all over him in Martin's bookshop and I started to see everything from his point of view. This certainly lays to rest all the questions I had about why someone like him would need
blinddatebrides.com in the first place. It wasn't so much the chance to meet women he needed, but the chance to meet women on the neutral basis, so they could like him for who he was really, not his public persona. I can understand that.

And once I'd calmed down and he'd explained all of that, and how he hated going to writing events without a date, because it was twice as bad as the scene I witnessed in the bookshop, I took pity on him and agreed to protect him at a thing in London next week. Just to deflect unwanted female attention, you understand. It's not a real date.

Although, I am going to have to buy a new dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment